Thursday, April 23, 2015

Castle Greyhawk: Tending Wounds

Welcome back diehard Greyhawk fans! It's time to promote a new page in the third chapter of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Check out page-sixteen and read some accompanying material by sensational scribe Scott Casper. On our site you can also check the archives and follow the entire Castle Greyhawk story from the very beginning.

Artist's Commentary: This was one of my most satisfying pages of chapter three. I was very happy with all the angles and compositions. I also felt I did amazingly good depicting the torn fabric of Tenser's robes. I've drawn him enough by now that I should have him down pat. Serten the cleric has always been a challenge too. Compared to veteran fighters Yrag and Terik, I like to give his armor a newer sheen that has gradually got dingier as time goes on.

I am likewise pleased with Serten's gauntlets and the festering wounds of Tenser. Those areas where the eye is focused on the most is the part of a drawing that I like to get right. Usually extraneous details and stuff that might get cut off in the bleed of a page I don't try as hard on. As always continuity is important to me, so keeping track of Tenser's rips and wounds will be essential and oh man, what will Tenser do without his helmet? This may be a turning point in his fashion style. Stay tuned to find out.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Amazingly good is right!

Don't worry about Tenser's helm, though. It'll likely turn up again soon, just like Indy's hat.

grodog said...

When's Tenser's anger and rage going to evince itself, I wonder? Looking forward to his transformation! :D

Allan.