Sunday, August 16, 2020

New Greyhawk Magic Item Ideas

 

Hail Greyhawkers! Before I get into today's subject, if you haven't already, be sure to check out and sign up for Virtual Greyhawk Con coming October 2-4, 2020. It's meant to bring the Greyhawk community together young and old and it's for charity. Win win. See you then!

As I work on a couple side Greyhawk projects I find my blog i being neglected. So today I'm just going to brain storm some magic item names to work on later using 5E rules. Or hey, maybe one of my readers can take up the reigns and design these items for me using your preferred edition. Either way, that's what we do in the Greyhawk community. So, everyone has heard of magic items named after Greyhawk gods and quasi-deities like the Quiver of Ehlonna, Heward's Handy Haversack and Keoghtom's Ointment. There is also the less well known Shoes of Fharlanghn, Mantle of Celestian, Zagyg's Flowing Flagon and Boccob's Blessed Book. Surely there is more magic items out there named for other deities great and small? Not artifact level stuff mind you, just wondrous items you could find in the hands of worshipers of any class for example. Here is my brainstormed list of name ideas. I sort of have an idea in my head what they do, but I don't have time to flesh them out. If you have power suggestions throw them my way. Enjoy! 

Berei's Plentiful Pouch

Lenses of Delleb 

Talisman of Joramy 

Torc of Kord 

Gloves of Kurell 

Llerg's Barbarous Belt

Lydia's Lyrical Lyre 

Scabbard of Mayaheine 

Myhriss' Mesmerizing Mirror

Rudd's Lucky Charm

Trithereon's Scouting Signal

Mask of Wastri

Xan Yae's Meditation Mat




1 comment:

eLarson said...

Torc of Kord

Kord would be the ultimate ring-giver. I'm thinking it should have some effect when it comes to CHA. Helps with your men's morale,or maybe an the number attracted.

Not sure what else,off hand, but a little bit of that Uhtred Uhtredson flair came immediately to mind.