Thursday, September 24, 2020

Open Call: Return of the Ring of Five Questions

Greetings Greyhawkers! With Virtual GreyhawkCon fast approaching, I am glad to see so much creativity, commentary and collaboration in the community. I'm however in one of those slumps where I don't feel like writing anything, drawing anything and most of my posts are news items. Someone asked me recently about my Ring of Five Questions column (scroll to the bottom of the linked page for examples). I used to do this column years ago back when things weren't so active in the community and I was trying to make some connections to notable Greyhawk authors (some never responded like the Paizo crew). It seems now is a good time to dust off this part of Greyhawkery one last time and this time let all my friends and fans of Greyhawk try it out.

Below is five Greyhawk-related questions. Copy and paste them into an email and send your answers to mortellan@gmail.com. Be as short or wordy as you want! I will try to feature all respondents I get until I reach my 1000th post (I expect sometime next year). Have fun with it, but be respectful (no trolls). I look forward to reading your replies. Enjoy!

p.s. If you are one of the people I interviewed previously, don't fret, you can enter again!

Ring of Five Questions 2020

Q1. What is your favorite realm or region in the World of Greyhawk setting? 

Q2. If you could actually be one Greyhawk deity which one would it be?

Q3. You have one wish. Which Greyhawk module or accessory would you do over or fix?

Q4: You're putting together an all-star Greyhawk NPC group. Who is your number one pick?

Q5. If you could possess one artifact or relic from Greyhawk lore, which would it be?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I did one of these back in the day. Or did I?

Fozzy71 said...

Furyondy
St. Culthbert
S3
NPC group: Slave Lords
Boccob's Staff of the Arch Mage

Mike Bridges said...

Sorry Fozzy not how it works. I need responses emailed, so I can blog them later. Love the answers though!

Gary said...

Hey Mike > thanks for doing this again.
Are these questions for anyone or do you have to be a part of the gaming industry?

Raymond the Scot said...

1. At the moment, post war Southern Great Kingdom
2. Olidimmara
3. The Doomgrinder. What a disappointment.
4. Reydrich of Ahlissa
5. The Mighty Servant of Leuk O

netlich said...

Q1. Bone March
Q2. Vecna
Q3. I would flood the market with infinite "return to the the return of the return to Hommlet and ToEE" (I cant get enough of that module/supermodule)
Q4. It's a tie between Tenser and Melf.
Q5. The Cup and/or Talisman of Al Akbar

Mike Bridges said...

Gary: Anyone. And I'd appreciate if they were mailed to mortellan@gmail.com
If you post the answers in the comments section that defeats the purpose of me featuring you to the community!

Anonymous said...

Shield Lands
Heronious, kicking evil butts!
No do overs, they are all good as they are. Instead, maybe add extra ones for the unexplored areas?
Mordenkainen
Hand of Vecna

drizzt ze'urden said...

Q1. Hold of Sea Princes
Q2. Fharlanghn
Q3. Five shall be one
Q4. Tasha
Q5. Axe of Dwarvish Lords

faoladh said...

1: The Duchy of Tenh. Surrounded by Bandit Kingdoms, trolls from the Troll Fens, the Pale, and even a pass between Stonefist and the town of Calbut, there's plenty of adventure to go around.

2: The god of bopping people on the head, St. Cuthbert!

3: Castle Greyhawk. preferably by erasing it from history.

4: After equivocating, I'm going to have to go with Gord.

5: I like some of the ideas about Heward's Mystical Organ as the origin of human music and bards, so probably that.