Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maps, Maps and More Maps

As duly reported by fellow Greyhawkian Rory Klein on his blog, Anna Meyer (Atlas of the Flanaess Project) has recently released a composite map of all her Flanaess sections to date. It's a big download but trust me its worth the wait for fans of her work and the setting. Follow either link for more details.

While I'm on the subject, another Greyhawk mapping community favorite, Eric Anondson has returned and has been busily working on his stunning views of the Sheldomar Valley (SW Flanaess). You can find different variations of Mr. Anondson's newest maps and also his older classic works of Greyhawk cartography on his gallery.

But that's not all! The Greyhawk map renaissance continues over at the Cartographer's Guild where a member named Lukc posted a commissioned map of Radigast City. I have to say, I don't know much about Radigast City in canon, but it doesn't matter. This map is stunning. Check it out. Kudos to Lukc and the Guild.

6 comments:

Greyhawk Grognard said...

I dunno. It's completely personal preference, and I don't mean to rain on either Anna's or Eric's parade, but I've never found that style of maps appealing.

scottsz said...

Very cool. As raw material for graphic processing, those are really useful. Thanks for posting these!

Mike Bridges said...

Joseph: Understood. As I discussed with my friends recently, there is two kinds of game maps. One is artistic and the other is utility. Ideally you want something that balances between both which is why I think Darlene's map is so beloved by everyone.

TolrendorDM said...

Anna's maps are beautiful - detail and terrain fills are really evocative. I especially love the 'Legend' page!

David Griffey said...

Interesting. I did up a map of Radigast on my own, and also drew rivers cutting through it with waterways, canals, and bridges aplenty. Looking at it, I was struck by the similarities. Funny how we both picked up on that same feel. How cool was that.

Argon said...

The map looks great. I can appreciate the various styles. As a long time DM I have drawn my share of maps and know how much time and effort goes into the work. I would say continue on with your work Lukc it looks great.

Later

Argon