Friday, July 5, 2013

Castle Greyhawk: On the Wall

Welcome back Greyhawk readers! Wow, it's already been a week since we released  page two of the second chapter of the Castle Greyhawk graphic novel saga. Scott Casper is heading into new territory here so be sure to read his additional exposition. Or you can just view the first page HERE, courtesy of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: One thing that grates on me about comic books is how most chainmail/plate armor is form fitting to super heroes. My favorite comic, The Mighty Thor is guilty of this often. Once in a while however you get an artist who draws armor that looks realistic on a limited series. I'm not saying my armor illustration is all that accurate either, but I try to make it look like it is has weight or hangs from the body naturally even if it is stylized. More armor is coming our way next page. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Argon said...

Mort,

I have been enjoying the artwork. Its a change from your old W.O.G. comic. Though I think your joint efforts with Scott are paying dividends on maturing your artistic style.

Keep it coming.

Later

Argon

Mike Bridges said...

Ive always had a background in figure drawing and landscape from college. I just prefer cartoony art for ease of work. Sometimes details can bog u down. Having scott write is the true improvement. Now that I only have to worry about art its better. Not faster evidently but better. :p