Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gygax Statue

I'm not sure anyone else has been discussing this in the gaming blog-scene, so here it goes. About a week ago I seen some new rumblings about the Gary Gygax memorial project in Lake Geneva. Looks like it is going strong with the recent approval for a plot of parkland. Now it's on to crafting the statue itself. In the article Mrs. Gygax describes design ideas for the statue that Gary and her discussed before his death. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Update 4/17/2021: Had to remove broken link to an article about the memorial. Not sure if this  memorial ever got finished. If anyone knows, please chime in on the comments.

1 comment:

Icarus said...

It's good to see that it's still going strong, and still making advancements. I hear murmurs of it every few months, mostly. I am certain that weer I closer to the gaming industry, or closer to Wisconsin, I would likely know more. I tell ya' ... when it is erected, I can just about garauntee that I will take a weekend, and go up to see it. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried when I heard he'd died. I would love to honour his memory by visiting. ... and you know, maybe picking up a game while I'm there! :D