Monday, January 28, 2013

Castle Greyhawk: Kobolds and More

Wow, I've been slacking here. Today I'd like to spotlight pages twenty-six and twenty-seven of our Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. As always head to the links above where you can get extra exposition from author Scott Casper. Or you can view these pages as well here and here, compliments of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: Page twenty six almost didn't make the cut. We were concerned with how dark of a story we wanted here, and well, killing defenseless kobolds is part of D&D. In retrospect it was a wise decision and it's fun to see young Tenser struggling like a rookie. The sequential panels of Tenser is a method I employed often in my previous Greyhawk comic and I'm pleased with the hilariously gory results here.

Page twenty-seven was a pleasure to illustrate. The longer I work on the comic, the more proficient I get in certain areas. This time I was delighted to add an ogre (eiger) to the mix. Scott wanted it to look like the ogre from the 1e Monster Manual and I think I did quite a better job if I must say so! Of course, if you ask anyone who knows me at Canonfire, ogres is "my thing" apparently. :P

No comments: