Monday, April 28, 2014

Castle Greyhawk: Under Fire

Look at that, it's already time to promote page twenty-three in the second chapter of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Follow the links above to get essential story elements from yarn spinner Scott Casper. Alternatively you can view the pages HERE, courtesy of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: This page wasn't too complex but it did end up being a bit challenging. We got through it though. Featured prominently in this page is Terik. He is in all but one panel of this page. When I draw a character that much I tend to get a more consistent look, but once in a great while I'll overlook a small detail. Scott's got my back though. One other thing I've struggled with through the entire chapter is keeping Terik's heavy shield the same size. I decided somewhere along the line that it was a big battle worn metal shield like the Spartans carried. It's nothing special to look at, and is certainly easier to draw than Yrag's kite shield from last chapter. I'm still not sure if I like drawing shields or not. They're definitely easier than archers, but that's another commentary for another day.

No comments: