Saturday, July 20, 2013

Creatures and Classes: Blog Posts From the Weekend

I'm still brewing some posts about my home campaigns so in the meantime here is a few links/comments to some good blog post topics I've seen in the RPG community.

Joe Bloch of Greyhawk Grognard ponders humanoids and their diversity by location. This is a good subject to consider for any game that utilizes an array of humanoids such as Greyhawk. The Pomarj (detailed by Greyhawk Grognard in Dragon #167) is such a place where geography and a wide variety of humanoid clans mingle in a realistic manner.

Joe the Lawyer wants you to stop bitching about Magic Users being the most powerful class (at high levels). I completely agree with his post. Wizards pay their dues by being weak most of their career and should get to enjoy being uber-powerful at the end.

At Semper Initiativus Unum, there is some talk that the OSR is getting back into the thief. Huh, I had no idea that class was ever on the outs with the old school set. It's always been my single favorite across all editions.

I share Havard's joy at the 30th anniversary of the Red Box D&D Set.

No comments: