Monday, March 16, 2015

Greyhawk Collecting

I've been idle for the last week so today I thought I'd muse aloud about what out of print Greyhawk material I still need to finish my collection. I know many things can be had on PDF nowadays but part of the joy of being into a hobby like D&D is collecting classic hard copy books. Beyond books there is a ridiculous amount of Greyhawk stuff out there, cards, minis, magazines and so on. No one could possibly get all of it. For me, modules and sourcebooks is what I've been keeping an eye out for, mainly at conventions like Gen Con. I don't do Ebays or Amazons because part of the thrill is hunting and finding them. I'm not above trading with others though so if any of these can be had let me know!

N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God I really want this one. Not sure how it's eluded me to this point.
L2: Assassin's Knot Another one that I'm sure is easily had, but somehow has evaded my grasp.
I7: Baltron's Beacon I could've swore I had this one but I'm not seeing it on my shelf.
Return to the Tomb of Horrors This is a boxed set adventure but still one that I'd like to get someday just to see what new death traps they came up with.
WG9: Gargoyle and WG11: Puppets Not necessarily cause I want to run them or even read them. Just to finish the collection!
WG12: Valley of the Mage This is the big one. How do I not have a physical copy of this sourcebook?
WGA1 Falcon's Revenge and WGA3: Flames of the Falcon The odd thing is I do have WGA 2: Falconmaster. How does that happen?
WGQ1: Patriots of Ulek I don't have this but I need it for the collection. As I recall I was underwhelmed with the direction of adventures at that time and may have chose not to buy it when it was first released.
WG7: Castle Greyhawk I have resisted the temptation to get this joke dungeon so far. I did buy a PDF copy of it for comic strip reason years ago, but the hard copy may have to wait till last...

8 comments:

Rich said...

I have a few of those, Mike.

I wouldn't part with them for the same reasons that you want them.

I hope Norebo and Rudd help you in your pursuit, however.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I have have L2 Assassins Knot. I would entertain a serious offer. It is in great shape.

Simon Forster said...

I think I have some, such as WG7. I'll have a look.

tom said...

I have a copy of WG7 in near perfect condition that I'd be willing to trade.

What are you willing to offer?

Mike Bridges said...

tom and Timothy: My collection outside Greyhawk is sketchy. On first glance here is some random stuff I have in good condition:

Dungeon #112 (Maure Castle)
Eberron Campaign HB
Forgotten Realms Campaign HB
Dave Arneson's Blackmoor HB
Forgotten Realms Atlas (Fonstad)
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits HB
Encyclopedia Magica Vol 1 (brown book)
Draconomicon HB(3.5v)

Anything you guys looking for? Any other takers?

Timothy S. Brannan said...

yeah a trade for Demonweb sounds good.

tom said...

I can see that this is going to be difficult, as D&D wise I am mostly only interested in core rules and Greyhawk & related, and most of what I am lacking is probably too much to ask for a crap module like WG7.

I also like GDW's Traveller (1977 boxed set version), Starfleet Battles, various Steve Jackson games, obscure Fantasy & SF novels, ...

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a near-mint condition Forgotten Realms Campaign Boxed Set (1987)

Mike Bridges said...

Tom: I think I have the box and books to the FR setting. So much of the rest is scattered to the wind.
As I mentioned in the post, I'm in no hurry for WG7. I'll keep ya in mind if I see some old Fantasy/SF books lying around.