Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Castle Greyhawk: Wands and Wards

Well met Greyhawk fans! I'm about a week behind in promoting the new page in the third chapter of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Check out page twenty and follow some lead-in words by tall tale teller Scott Casper. On our site you can also check the archives and follow the entire Castle Greyhawk story from the very beginning.

Artist's Commentary: This page like many before it was a pleasure to create. I don't think I've ever focused much on wands as treasure before in my art or in D&D for that matter. For me they're tools (more along the lines of Murlynd's wand) rather than objects of importance to be put on pedestals. Of course in the last decade I've seen this wand attitude change since the Harry Potter saga. The wand in this story must be important then if a magic effect of some sort is protecting it, right? Stay tuned and find out!

p.s. I like the sound effect FASSSH! Very comic booky. ;)