Thursday, April 7, 2016

Castle Greyhawk: Green Dragon Inn

Welcome fans of Greyhawk! Egad, I'm only a week or so behind, so it's time to promote the start of CHAPTER FOUR in our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Check out page one to see some wordy writings by literary librarian Scott Casper. On our site you can also check the archives and follow the entire Castle Greyhawk story from the very beginning.

Artist's Commentary: It's always fun and terrifying for me to start a new chapter. Just when I get used to drawing certain characters, locations or creatures, then the scene changes. Or in this case, we return to an old but loved character in the mage Ehlissa. I haven't drawn her in ages so I'm hoping my muscle memory works fast this time.
We also have an expansive shot of the inside of the Green Dragon Inn. Few may know much about this canonical place in the city of Greyhawk, but the floor plan I chose to go with can be found in the 3.5 adventure Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk. Where does the story and Ehlissa go from here? Tune in to find out!

2 comments:

Oracle Equipments said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So, Ehlissa is an original character, right? The other characters are based on the old school, Gygax Greyhawk campaign characters, but Ehlissa is an addition? I assume she is inspired in some way by Ehlissa of Nightingale fame?