Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Castle Greyhawk: Retreat!

Welcome back to the ongoing story of Castle Greyhawk! It's been a slow winter but I'm still keeping updates on the comic. Currently we're up to page seventeen in the second chapter of our Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Follow the link above to get important exposition by staff writer Scott Casper. Alternatively you can view the page HERE, courtesy of Maldin's Greyhawk.

Artist's Commentary: This page was fun on many levels. From an artistic angle it's one of the busiest I've ever drawn. People going in all directions, arms, legs, weapons. Wow. Also on a personal note, this page marks my first use of sketching in non-photo blue. This technique may seem common sense to other artists but somehow I've neglected it all these years. When doing digital finishes, it is a time saver I tell ya.
As for the story, I'm sad to see the evil wizard die. He was fun to draw amid all these armored buffoons. Then again, I thought Robilar's arrow last episode was going to drop him and it didn't. Not entirely sure if Gronan has finished the job yet...

1 comment:

Scott said...

You never know...we are pre-d4 hp for Magic-Users here...