Saturday, July 20, 2019

Greyhawk Collecting


 Hey Grey folks! Gen Con 2019 is fast approaching and I won't be there again. This is sad because one of my hobbies within the hobby of D&D is to collect old school D&D/AD&D stuff. Mind you I have a ton of print Greyhawk stuff. I have three Living Greyhawk Gazetteers, I have three copies of the boxed set and probably four copies of X1: Isle of Dread for some reason. Let's have a look at what I still need/desire to get. My wish list is not explicitly a call to find this stuff for me though, I'd be more pleased to find them myself at a con instead of using the internet, but, if you are willing to part with one of these books, maybe I can make a trade. Also, I'm not concentrating on novels. I own some, but let's focus on game material.

Falcon's Revenge and Flames of the Falcon. I own the 2nd in the series, Falconmaster, but never ran it. I'm not really sure I've read it! I feel like I'm missing out on some important lore here.

N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God. How have I not found this yet? I own the digital version. This is the one I want the most on this entire list.

S1-4 Realms of Horror. I own all four of the constituent adventures of this book, but not this compilation.

Return to the Tomb of Horrors. I recall looking at this boxed set in the FLGS and thinking, I don't need this! I still don't but I'll put it on the list anyhow.

DA4 Duchy of Ten. This is a D&D Blackmoor campaign book, but I'd love to own it just see the influences. I have DA1-3 (Adventures in Blackmoor, Temple of the Frog, City of the Gods) so I'm really curious how this could build on those previous classics.

Night Below. Yeah I don't know how this one slipped by me. While it is not labelled Greyhawk, I believe it was originally intended to be. 

On Hallowed Ground and Warriors of Heaven. Books on good D&D pantheons. Not Greyhawk specifically, but holds lore. Probably didn't spark me back in the 2E era, but in hindsight it's a book I'd like to have on the shelf.

Dead Gods. A classic from the Planescape setting. I was all about Planescape when it first came out, but fell off it quick. I hear it has the Vault of the Drow in it. I wish I had got this one though, let's call this favorite #2 after N1. 

Bastion of Faith. Supposedly has info on Heironeous and Hextor. Who couldn't use that?

Of course, there is more things tied to Greyhawk than I can collect in a lifetime. Check out the Greyhawk version of Echohawk's collector's guide on ENWorld for reference in your own collecting quest.

2 comments:

Lord Gosumba said...

Mike, Bastion of Faith is fantastic. The Specialty Priests of Heironeous and Hextor are very well written up. I use the personalities in this reference and the location within, The Shield Reclaimed, is placed in Critwall. A true gem of a 2E reference! Also, as a bonus, there is a pic of the Braveheart Mel Gibson on the front cover! Say it isn't so lol!

Scott said...

I've got at least four of those, if you're ever in the neighborhood...