Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Greyhawk Mini Map: Adri Forest

Greetings Greyhawkers! It's Low Summer, everyone I know but me has vacation plans, and this week there is no Legends & Lore stream. So for this post I decided to break up the monotony of my Ull and Sea Princes NPCs and do a quick mini map (pen and colored pencil). While this map of Adri Forest may look big, it's really only the size of a postcard. I don't know why I chose to draw this map, maybe it's because I've been staring at the color green the last few days while I paint my house! 

At any rate, the Adri is a huge, dense forest with a lot of history and geography going on. This map is a hex-to-hex copy of the Darlene map with elements from Ivid the Undying thrown in, like the Coldwood which I first became enamored with in Dragon #208 when they did an excerpt of Carl Sargent's work. I also know places like Knurl and Innspa are well discussed these days in the Greyhawk community. Those are two local towns that I know relatively little about. If you like my "cartoony" style of maps suggest another region I can zoom in on and try next time I'm bored. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Calstaff said...

I'm digging your style Mortellan! I've adventured so much on the western half of the Darlene maps, how about another one from the eastern half: the Grandwood, or Phostwood, or Celadon Forest?

Mike Bridges said...

Calstaff: Thanks!!! Hmm nice ideas. I'll have to give those a look...