Friday, September 30, 2011

Coming Soon: Oerth Journal 26


I don't want to jump the gun here, but I think the Oerth Journal ezine needs a friendly promotional nudge in order to get them to release their newest issue. Recently I was given a proof copy of the 26th issue and liking what I saw, I contributed comic to it (I think my last one was in issue #23). The theme for this issue as mentioned in the official Oerth Journal blog, is "Beyond the Flanaess." I think you'll all dig this issue when it comes out as it covers some exotic locations only hinted at in canon or novels, but are built upon in such a way that DMs can take the maps, monsters and hooks and run with it without mussing up their own campaigns.

I'll keep my eye out and update everyone when #26 is ready for download. Oh, and if anyone is interested in contributing to the OJ, click on the link above to the OJ blog for information. Later.

Update 4/19/2021: The Oerth Journal blog is no more, but you can find all the OJs including issue #26 at GreyhawkOnline.

5 comments:

Greyhawk Grognard said...

I've been a bit worried about the re-launch of the OJ, since their website hadn't seen any activity for the last two months.

Mystic Scholar said...

I appreciate this "update" Mort, but I've given up on the OJ.

Sorry to say it, but it's true.

grodog said...

Hope springs eternal---I'll happily dig into the issue when/if it's published :D

Allan.

Mike Bridges said...

It's hard to drive activity for an OJ blog I imagine. I was quite surprised with Nathan Irving decided to get involved in some fashion with the publication again, so I'm optimistic about the intent.
And yeah I know the community is probably fed up with the long delays but it makes me wonder what release expectations are placed on other ezines like Dragonfoot's "Footprints" for instace?

Mystic Scholar said...

When the next issue FINALLY comes out, I'll read it. I'm sure everyone will.

But I don't think people are going to hold their collective breathes waiting for "the next one" any longer.

I think the OJ has lost that.